When the SUN comes out, will your place BE DRY?
As the warm weather approaches SERVPRO® of Timmins would like to provide homeowners and business owners a spring checklist to avoid Water Damage.
1. Clean and inspect gutters regularly.
2. Keep downspouts clear of any blockages.
3. Repair or replace footing as needed.
4. Be sure soffit vents are clean and unobstructed.
5. Check for any cracks or peeling paint. These could indicate moisture retention.
6. Fill low spots around building foundation with clean fill dirt.
7. Create slop away from structure to drain runoff properly.
8. Trim plants around building to avoid growth of old or mildew.
9. Make sure garden areas have adequate drainage.
10. Apply a waterproofing coating to interior or exterior basement walls. Blueskin® is often recommended.
With all the fluctuating temperatures and all of the precautions taken into consideration, homeowners and business owners are still at risk of having unwanted water in unneeded areas! That is why we at SERVPRO® of Timmins, offer free estimates for all commercial and residential owners. Not all Water Damages are enough to meet homeowners and business owners minimum deductible. We can inform you if it's deem-able to go through insurance or have it go through a restoration contractor.
Stay safe, stay dry, with SERVPRO® of Timmins spring checklist!