When the SUN comes out, will your place BE DRY?
Stay safe, stay dry, with SERVPRO® of Timmins spring checklist!
As the warm weather approaches SERVPRO® of Timmins would like to provide homeowners and business owners a spring checklist to avoid Water Damage.
1. Clean and inspect gutters regularly.
2. Keep downspouts clear of any blockages.
3. Repair or replace footing as needed.
4. Be sure soffit vents are clean and unobstructed.
5. Check for any cracks or peeling paint. These could indicate moisture retention.
6. Fill low spots around building foundation with clean fill dirt.
7. Create slop away from structure to drain runoff properly.
8. Trim plants around building to avoid growth of old or mildew.
9. Make sure garden areas have adequate drainage.
10. Apply a waterproofing coating to interior or exterior basement walls. Blueskin® is often recommended.
With all the fluctuating temperatures and all of the precautions taken into consideration, homeowners and business owners are still at risk of having unwanted water in unneeded areas! That is why we at SERVPRO® of Timmins, offer free estimates for all commercial and residential owners. Not all Water Damages are enough to meet homeowners and business owners minimum deductible. We can inform you if it's deem-able to go through insurance or have it go through a restoration contractor.
Stay safe, stay dry, with SERVPRO® of Timmins spring checklist!
WHEN DAMAGE STRIKES, YOU CAN BE RUINED, OR YOU CAN BE READY?
Emergency Ready Profile
SERVPRO® of Timmins has restoration experts available 24 hours a day to get your business back up and running. Our expertise includes restoration services for fire and water damage, including electronics restoration and document drying. We are also your business’s best resource for mold mitigation and removal. Our Large Loss Division has the expertise to manage the cost and operations of large commercial disaster recovery projects.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile Advantage
50% of businesses may never reopen after suffering a disaster.
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster, according to the latest research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. And knowing you are "Ready for whatever happens" speaks trust to your clients and employees that in the event your business is affected by a disaster, they don’t necessarily have to be.
By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Timmins is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and references guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufactures, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration filed changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Timmins
SERVPRO of Timmins specializes I the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Timmins 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Timmins provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Northern Ontario
SERVPRO of Timmins is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help, Call Today (705-2670-1500)
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Timmins has specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration- in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damage home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur
- What caused the water damage (if known)
- Is there electricity available (on-site)
About SERVPRO of Timmins
SERVPRO of Timmins specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our Staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From Initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Timmins Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage can cause strong odors in your home
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our Smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure
- Smoke Flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process
Different types of Smoke
- There are two different types of smoke-wet and dry. As a result there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Timmins will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
Wet Smoke - Plastic and Rubber
Dry Smoke - Paper and Wood
Protein Fire Residue - Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care
Have a question about Fire, Smoke or Soot Damage?
Call us Today - SERVPRO of Timmins 705-267-1500